The purpose of this privacy statement is to let users of www.vfsc.vu know when we collect personal information and what we do with it. We do not use, share or disclose personal information collected or received through this website except as set out in this statement.
- COLLECTION, STORAGE AND USE
You can search this site without disclosing any personal information.
- VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to voluntarily provide personal information through this website (e.g. in comments, questions or feedback). This information will be viewable by site administrators, Vanuatu Financial Services Commission (VFSC) staff (as appropriate) and sometimes third-party contractors who administrate or work on the site.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The VFSC may ask or require you (including where required by legislation administered by the VFSC) to provide some personal information when you complete an online form (e.g. by submitting information to the Registrar through an online service). If you choose not to provide information where it is required by law, you may not be entitled to the service or benefit offered or could be in breach of statutory obligations.
- HOLDING OF INFORMATION
When you provide personal information, it will be held by the VFSC. It may be stored or accessed on behalf of the VFSC by authorised third parties (such as third-party contractors) to the extent that is necessary, for example for them to administrate or work on the site, and it may be displayed to the public in accordance with law and regulations.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
The VFSC will generally not share personal information that is provided or collected through this website, unless it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which you gave us the information or where you consent. The Ministry will not otherwise disclose personal information provided or collected through this website unless required or otherwise permitted by law.
- USE OF INFORMATION
We will generally only use personal information provided to us through this website for the purpose you provided it (e.g. to effectuate a filing, to administer, evaluate and improve the site, to improve our services and to action or respond to the information provided). We may also use personal information provided to us through this website for other reasons permitted under law or where the law requires it.
- RECORDS AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The VFSC will only retain personal information as long as it is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used.
- PUBLIC RECORDS
Where any information provided (which may include personal information) to or through this site constitute public records, it will be retained to the extent required by law.
- REGISTERED USERS
When you become a registered user of this website, personal information will be collected from you. This information is collected for two purposes:
- for the management of your account with us; and
- for determining the usage of this website.
If you do not provide the information requested when you attempt to register, you cannot become a registered user of this website
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- find out from us whether we hold personal information about you
- access that information; and, if applicable
- request corrections to that information.
If the VFSC has a good reason for refusing a request for correction, you are entitled to request a reason for refusal of that request.
If you want to check personal information that we hold, please contact the VFSC.
- STATISTICAL INFORMATION
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve this site and our service.
This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you accessed on our site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the site;
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this Site;
- the device you used to access the site;
- your operating system (e.g. Windows XP, Mac OSX);
- the type of web browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox); and
- their incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
- The statistical information referred to above will be viewable by site administrators and certain other VFSC staff. It may also be shared with other government agencies.
Browser or ‘web’ cookies are small text files that are sent by a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are generally used to improve your experience of a website (e.g. by remembering preferences you have set) and to track site usage.